Numerous Lockyer Valley residents have been busted growing marijuana in their back yards.
The Gatton Magistrates Court has heard multiple cases of drug growing cases from a few plants to major sophisticated operations.
Darren Troy McVey, Felicity Maree Moore and Tyesen Matthew Barker had almost 325g of cannabis leaf in their possession along with 58 plants at their Regency Downs property.
Criminal defence lawyer Michael McMillan (McMillan Criminal Law) said while it was a “sophisticated” operation, it ”wasn't great”.
Police found tents containing 58 cannabis plants ranging from small to adult sized.
They all pleaded guilty to:
- possessing utensils or pipes
- two charges of possessing anything used in the commission of a crime
- possessing dangerous drugs
- producing dangerous drugs
- supplying dangerous drugs.